Adjustments are an important part of Office operation. We will perform a few common adjustments in this video, visiting the ledger after each one to help refine our understanding of the ledger.
- Transfers: Move fees from patient to insurance, and vice-versa.
- Allocation: Adjustment allocations require a certain level of specificity, here we detail them clearly.
- Discounts: Learn the basics of applying discounts and other adjustments.
- Office Charges: Here we learn how to charge for items sold like Toothbrushes, floss etc. As well as applying Late or Missed appointment fees.
- Write Offs: Remove fees and charges from an account while retaining a record of the original charge and transactions.
Be sure to use your Training Database when doing any practice. This will prevent making any unintentional changes to your accounts receivable